Category Archives: local government
A report from the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, has officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin, in the same category as arsenic, lead, and mercury. 
The news was broken by author Stefan Smyle and disseminated by the Facebook page Occupy Food, which linked to the report published in The Lancet Neurology, Volume 13, Issue 3, in the March 2014 edition, by authors Dr. Phillippe Grandjean and Philip J. Landrigan, MD. The report can be viewed by clicking here.
Industrial chemicals identified
As noted in the summary of the report, a systematic review identified five different similar industrial chemicals as developmental neurotoxicants: lead, methylmercury, polychlorinated biphenyls, arsenic, and toluene.
The summary goes on to state that six additional developmental neurotoxicants have also now been identified: manganese, fluoride, chlorpyrifos, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, tetrachloroethylene, and the polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
The authors added that even more of these neurotoxicants remain undiscovered.
ADHD, Dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments
In the Lancet report, the authors propose a global prevention strategy, saying that “untested chemicals should not be presumed to be safe to brain development, and chemicals in existing use and all new chemicals must, therefore, be tested for developmental neurotoxicity.”
Also in the report, they note that neurodevelopmental disabilities, including attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments, are now affecting millions of children worldwide in what they call a “pandemic of developmental neurotoxicity.”
The report coincides with 2013 findings by a Harvard University meta-analysis funded by the National Institutes of Health, which concluded that children in areas with highly fluoridated water have “significantly lower” IQ scores than those who live in areas with low amounts of fluoride in their water supplies. 
Fluoride also linked to cancers
Sodium fluoride in drinking water has also been linked to various cancers.
It is functionally different than the naturally-occurring calcium fluoride, and commonly added to drinking water supplies and used by dentists and in dental products who posit that it is useful for dental health.
Currently, fluoride is added to water supplies across much of North America, however, adding fluoride to drinking water is not always standard practice, being banned entirely throughout most of Continental Europe and in several other developed nations across the world.
 Woffinden, B. (2005, June 11). Fluoride water ’causes cancer’. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/jun/12/medicineandhealth.genderissues
 Mercola, J., Dr. (2013, January 28). Harvard Study Confirms Fluoride Reduces Children’s IQ. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html
from Alan Manson
A bill to corporatise local government
The Andrews Government has drafted the Local Government Act 2018 that has many draconian features about it. Reading the Bill indicates the following events will happen if the Bill passes through the parliament unchallenged:
- ALL local councils will become legitimised as “corporations” as representing “the third tier of government”. Our Constitution does NOT allow for this to happen; nor is it appropriate for a corporation be both a commercial profit-making enterprise and an arm of government.
- ALL Councils will be elevated to “Authority” status; meaning, they will become laws unto themselves.
- ALL councils will be able to make their own “Local Laws” (which are different to by-laws) and they will able to enforce them – even utilising the police when necessary.
- Councils will be required to bring community housing up to the standards specified in the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target 2007. This means they will send “approved officers” to people’s homes and businesses to produce a list of work required by the landowner to meet these targets for energy efficiency.
- If the landowner fails to complete the work within the given timespan, the council will then arrange for the work to be done. This could cost $$0,000’s!
- Once completed, the council gives the landowner time to pay. If he/she cannot do that, then the land is “”transferred” to the council.
- The council will then determine “market value” of the property and after any mortgage costs, encumbrances, fees and fines are deducted, many people will not see much cash remaining from the value of their former home. They could also be looking for other accommodation too.
With already corrupt councils potentially being offered so much POWER to exercise over their ratepayers, it is believed that the laws they enact will be so totalitarian that no person will have any means to object to their decisions.
Fortunately, this Draft Bill is available for public comment.
I have put together a Submission Template that exposes each council’s illegitimacy (together with other issues) and I’m seeking assistance from those who own/lease or invest in property to contact their MP’s and tell them to NOT support this Bill.
Larry Hannigan has kindly hosted for me a webpage about this matter; so I encourage you to visit the page and read it carefully, as it has extracts taken out of the proposed legislation to demonstrate how draconian this matter is.
More importantly, the webpage has a link where you can download a Submission template that I have created to assist people to make a submission
Contact the author: Alan Manson firstname.lastname@example.org