Category Archives: Queensland Politics
THE DIARIES OF PETER BEATTIE’S MISTRESS
[Accuracy of the following report cannot be assured beyond doubt. Material that could not be corroborated has been deleted. Information in these diaries is more an indictment on Kevin Rudd’s judgment than the ethics of Peter Beattie. Rudd, as an ALP and Premier Wayne Goss confidant, would have been privy to the following information.]On June 15, 2006 Andrew Bolt reported: “EX-PREMIER Peter Beattie is embroiled in a war of words with a Nationals MP after claims he had an affair with a cabinet minister were referred to the CMC.
“A furious Mr Beattie yesterday hit out at Burnett MP Rob Messenger, who has referred a complaint that disgraced former Tourism Minister Merri Rose forced her electorate staff to falsify and shred documents to cover up an alleged relationship with Mr Beattie.”
This may be true but Pickering Post has been reliably informed (and it is widely held to be true among ALP insiders) that Peter’s transgressions extended to Merri Rose’s daughter who became pregnant to, and bore a daughter to, Beattie.
It is believed that it was this matter that Merri Rose attempted to blackmail Beattie over in order to obtain political favours.
Merri Rose was found guilty and spent jail time.
But Peter Beattie was embroiled in another affair with Pat Gillespie, a political journalist for The Sunday Mail and The Australian newspapers from the early 1990’s until 1996.
Gillespie became an embarrassment to the Government so she was shifted to The Children’s Commissioners Office where she became their problem.
Gillespie was concerned that the Criminal Justice Commission would raid her house so she gave the diaries (in disk or tape format) to a friend, Lorelle Saunders, a former police officer, for safe keeping.
Saunders didn’t want to keep the diaries, so she gave them to a solicitor friend, Mr Gordon Harris, for safe keeping. It was Gordon who had the data transcribed. The diary notes were legitimately obtained.
There are a number of people named in the diaries. Go to this site for much more:
Cairns Post first published this article three years ago.
Tomorrow at 9am Cairns Court to support David Walter
Today David Walter fronted Cairns Court and the same Magistrate who jailed him for contempt and made false claim of his aggression to government enforcers within that court to which many witnesses submitted statements to the perjury committed by the said Magistrate.
A lethal blow was delivered in that same court today by David at last recognised by government lawyers and the said Magistrate who when informed Queensland is but a private organisation and it is not an official government under a charter for starters, which he backed up with irrefutable facts.
Several times the magistrate took leave from the bench to gather her thoughts she explained to the court and when David answered her question as to what was it he wanted to which he stated;
- Take the whole matter to the High Court to rule on this illegal government
- Produce just one true Australian in this court.
The fluster magistrate declined and removed herself from hearing the case which she has handed another Magistrate for tomorrow’s hearing.
Harry Palmer from “Australian Patriot Radio” conducted an interview with John ?? who delivers a mine field of information of how QLD Beaty government manipulated the system to remove all peoples rights without them knowing, they do not even own their own property and that David Walter exposing this and more is being silenced by a corrupt judicial system about to collapse.
There are two parts to this podcast you need to hear to be informed … Click the pic below to listen
July 17, 2017
Re: Queensland Inc purchase of Springvale Station, west of Cooktown
Dear Mr Burns,
Further to our recent phone conversation about the mismanagement of Springvale by the EHP I would like to make the following points as per your request:
- The $7m purchase of Springvale was made on the basis of halting erosion and runoff into Princess Charlotte Bay
- This has been proven to be false and misleading data on sediment flows given to the EHP by a local researcher, for now it seems personal benefit
- Your own empirical data published in 2013, previous to the purchase of the station shows that Springvale contributes less than 1% of reef runoff from the upper catchment
- Your own data published in 2013 shows that Lakefield National Park contributes 86% of runoff onto the reef
- You have no suitable management plans for the station that have been agreed to by neighbouring properties, other than Tim Hughes
- Last week Springvale management firebombed a neighbour’s property without telling the owner
- Previous owners of the station, historically noted as well respected natural bushmen and conservationists, say there are no specific ecosystems found on the station that would justify national park status
- Springvale has 4000 acres of developed cultivation and three flood-lift irrigation licences for the Normanby River system
- The property is too highly developed for conservation values
- Cook dam, built on the station four years ago contains about 1000 ml of rain water
- It was designed by a Mareeba-based hydrologist and has been assessed by a local engineer as sound, it has survived four wet seasons, two with rainfall in excess of 50 inches, 20 in one week in 2015, and two cyclones
- It is anti-human nonsense to replace sound engineering with GAIA-based Agenda 21ideology that demands man-made structures be torn down so as to revert to nature
- This dam cost $400,000 to construct and would have provided irrigation water to support a multitude of food crops, thus providing indigenous jobs and prosperity for the Lakeland District and beyond
- The hydrologist who designed the dam has refuted allegations by your department that the wall is unsound
- Hydrologist Jeff Benjamin designed the dam and I will include comments he has made:
My personal view is that preservation of the dam as a sediment detention storage and wildlife refuge that would serve a more useful purpose than removing it, as there is some seriously fragile, eroded country just West and up-stream of the dam that no amount of OUR money thrown at it will ever stabilize.
The dam was designed with an effective spillway and fish-way, however construction work was forced to cease due to early wet-season rains. Although I did not visit the site when work ceased, I believe that the embankment height was about 1 to 1.5 m below the intended final design elevation. At this elevation a natural depression on the eastern side provides a broad, natural spillway so that the embankment would not be compromised in the event of intense storm run-off; which is in fact, exactly what occurred when Cyclone Etta, (I think), passed straight over the property in January 2014, reportedly dropping about 300 mm of rain over-night! The statement about “unacceptable safety risk” would therefore seem totally baseless.
- A large pumping unit, rented from Coates Hire in Cairns was seen on the dam bank some weeks before media attention. Another dam was also being emptied.
- This pump was placed in a shed at the homestead, out of the public view after the Minister was contacted by a reporter for his comments
- Polypipe syphons that were in the dam draining the water were also removed after media and public scrutiny
- A large amount of soil erosion damage was done by water running from the dam siphons onto the fragile soils causing one metre or more deep channels in the soils for 100 metres or more resulting in wide washouts below the dam wall. I have been able to source photographs of this wanton environmental damage which is a terrible indictment on your departmental officers and whoever ordered the dam’s destruction.
- Neighbors downstream of Springvale on the East Normanby reported large sediment plumes in the river, making a complete mockery of your Minister’s prattle regarding sediment runoff as the reason for removing Springvale Station and 4000 head of cattle from production leaving Cook Shire Council with an ever bigger hole in its dwindling rates income
- Removing this dam will destroy the newly created ecosystem based on the dam environment. Local birdlife, aquatic life systems and water for the survival of native animals will disappear when this dam is bulldozed.
- The biggest question remains. What to do with 30,000 cubic metres of earth fill from the dam wall? Your officers, obviously intellectual pigmies by their actions in wanting to remove the dam, would have no ability to restore the site to its original state. Any attempt to do so will result in a large percentage of this fill ending up in the East Normanby during the next tropical rainfall event. Then it will be a factual doomsday for Princess Charlotte Bay and the presently healthy Barrier Reef, thanks to the stupidity of anti-human malcontents like Jackie Trad, Stephen Miles and Bob Brown(are they buddies?)
- The only hope for small business and farmers, the real economic drivers of a once-prosperous Queensland combined with 24 years of the worst governments ever seen in any post-war economy anywhere in the developed world, is to forever banish ALP/Greens/LNP governments.
- We desperately need a Donald Trump clone in Australia to do away with all the population-reducing policies of the ISO, modern Labor and neo-Liberals. We could dump Paris, engage Clexit, ditch Agenda 21 cum 30, deny any further funding to you and your ilk, and hope the country can recover from the mother earth worshippers that infest your department(and all the others) not forgetting our infiltrated universities. Wow we might even return to God!
Keith Courte JP
- NB: I have never met nor spoken with the previous owner and do not know him, so please no witch hunts. Please do not again threaten me with trespass even though Springvale is the property of the political corporation, Queensland Inc. I have never placed a foot on the property. Should I come into possession of any more information I will send it to you.
Disgrace: LNP and ALP government abandon North Queensland
KAP’s Robbie Katter and Shane Knuth have called the LNP a disgrace after they confirmed they will sell out North Queensland and pass the budget as is, without any negotiation.
Robbie and Shane asked the government for four basic things to address the current crisis in North Queensland. Robbie and Shane and the rest of the crossbench said they would vote against the budget if the government refused to come to the negotiating table. “North Queensland is in crisis. The government should be ashamed of itself for not agreeing to these four very reasonable requests,” Robbie said. “Even more shameful is that the LNP had an opportunity to stand with us to force the government to listen, but instead they’ve decided to sell out North Queensland and rubber stamp the budget.”
Robbie and Shane requested four urgent actions to support North Queensland, which faces unemployment rates as high as 14%, compared with unemployment of about 4% in Brisbane:
- Power prices reduced by 5%
- Commit to reducing North Queensland unemployment to 6% by 2020
- Commit unspent infrastructure funding to North Queensland to kick start the economy
- Set up a North Queensland Budget Equity Board
Shane Knuth said he was disgusted, but not surprised, with the government and LNP. “I wish I could say I was surprised, but I’m not,” Shane said. “I was excited because we had a real chance to make some change for North Queensland, but we needed support from either the government or LNP to make it happen, and neither of them would step up to the plate. They should hang their heads in shame,” Shane said.
Robbie said he was shocked the major parties wouldn’t consider KAP’s requests. “They’re quite happy to throw billions of dollars at a Brisbane rail project so city people can get home from work earlier, but won’t commit to something as critical as reducing unemployment in the North. At least we in North Queensland know exactly where we stand with the government and LNP: and that’s on the wrong side of the Brisbane border,” Robbie said.
Robbie and Shane will vote against the budget unless the government accepts their basic requests – which could make an immediate difference to North Queensland.
The draining and bulldozing of a 1000 megalitre irrigation dam at Springvale Station south west of Cooktown by the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection has made a mockery of preventing sediment runoff onto the Great Barrier Reef.
Millions of litres of dam water is being siphoned from the dam directly into the East Normanby River, creating a muddy plume for many kilometres downstream, dumping thousands of tonnes of sediment onto the reef.
The East Normanby runs into the now dry West Normanby to become the Normanby River which eventually runs into Princess Charlotte Bay.
The 2016 purchase of the former cattle property by EHP drew much criticism from the farming industry when it was discovered flawed sediment runoff data was the basis for its acquisition by the government.
A spokesman for EHP Minister Stephen Miles confirmed the dam was being pumped out and millions of litres of valuable water were being discharged into the flowing East Normanby River.
Water being siphoned from the irrigation dam has cut a deep channel through the soil and is draining directly into the flowing East Normanby River(top of photo) creating massive sediment plumes kilometres downstream
The EHP has claimed the dam could fail, but adjoining landowner and former Cook Shire Mayor Graham Elmes said the dam was sound, properly built, had gone through four wet seasons and had filled easily during its first wet in 2013.
“This dam also acted as a large sediment trap filtering runoff into the river system, but when the walls are bulldozed what will happen to the 30,000 cubic metres of earth that an engineer has measured,” he said.
“It can’t be left in the excavation area because it will simply run off into the river and then Springvale actually will have a sediment runoff problem.”
KAP State leader Robbie Katter said the State Government is on a crusade against farmers.
“They are deceiving the public through misinformation and inaccurate data,” Mr Katter said.
“This is a fallacy, again derived from incorrect data and is a waste of viable, developed grazing property, which would be far better managed by a farmer than the State Government. This dam should be left intact.”
North East Regional Manager of Agforce Paul Burke was incensed that a government could undertake such “wanton waste.”
“It beggars belief that such a precious commodity could be pumped down the river when this property could have been producing a number of irrigated crops and still breeding cattle,” Mr Burke said.
The EHP spokesman claimed the dam “did not undergo a full regulatory approvals process as required by State legislation and is therefore unauthorised.
“To prevent dam failure and any subsequent downstream impacts, including contributions to sediment production within the catchment, the dam will be decommissioned and the land will be rehabilitated,” the spokesman said.
Mr Elmes was adamant the dam had been properly constructed and there was absolutely no chance the dam wall could fail.
“Bulldozing this water asset that cost $400,000 to build is totally irresponsible and an act of environmental vandalism.
“The government should stop all destructive activities on this property, freehold and subdivide it into four blocks and ballot these blocks for younger farmers,” he said.
The Queensland Government has allowed crocodile numbers to reach endemic proportions killing people and virtually closing tourist traffic to some northern areas of the state. The looney Green agenda driven by Deputy Premier Jackie Trad and Environment Minister Stephen Miles forced them so far out of their depth a croc will get ’em. Click on the video below:
TOURISTS WARNED TO KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
MORE PEOPLE WILL BE TAKEN SAY WILDLIFE OFFICERS
In the past 40 years since crocodile shooting stopped, their numbers in northern Australia have exploded. Tourists have been cancelling trips to north Queensland in droves according to the tourist industry, costing the state’s fragile economy millions.
The simple solution is to be seen to do something about continued crocodile attacks and deaths. Yesterday a tourist was attacked near Lizard island, 200 klm north east of Cooktown. This follows the death of a spearfisherman near Innisfail a month ago and several other attacks on swimmers in the north.
The Labor Government just drifts along as if nothing has happened, in fear of the Greens should they as much mention the need to remove or shoot crocs. Green preferences have kept the highly unintelligent, inner Brisbane-based Environment Minister Stephen Miles in his seat, that was recently abolished by an electoral redistribution.
He now faces political oblivion, while the northern population is being defecated on by toxic flying foxes every day and being regularly eaten by crocodiles, they count the days until this dumb animalist is voted out of parliament.
His equally silly counterpart is Jackie Trad, the Deputy Premier, also propped up by Green votes which she has traded off for the deaths of three swimmers in the past 18 months.
These shameful socialists believe animals take precedent over man and do not intend to thin out the runaway crocodile numbers. Meanwhile as the animalists of the ALP plod along Katters Australia Party has drafted a bill for sensible crocodile management to introduced at the next sittings in May.
The KAP bill will be a test of sincerity for One Nation’s newest Member, Steve Dickson who defected from the LNP six months ago. He claimed KAP stole his croc policy, that Bob Katter has been talking about for the past 10 years.
If in fact is was One Nation policy then Mr Dickson should have no problem supporting it. This will be the real litmus test for the electorate still reeling after Pauline Hanson jumped into bed with the Liberals in WA.
Is Steve Dickson still a Liberal?