Tougher times to come across the nation holding off a virus
No order out of chaos
by staff writers
Allowing weddings with only five guests and funerals with 10 mourners are among the police state orders issued by Prime Minister Scott Morrison in a national broadcast tonight. His wide-ranging contradictory edict has excluded schools where many hundreds of kids assemble each day. He said all schools will remain open to function primarily as child minding centres for medical staff, other emergency services workers and parents who have to go to work.
Family barbeques, house parties, church services and outside gatherings have all been banned under sweeping, unprecedented policies formulated at a federal Cabinet meeting Tuesday night.
Real estate auctions and open house inspections also will end.
There have been more than 343,000 global Covin 19 infections resulting in 14,000 deaths. Australia has recorded 8 deaths from 2136 confirmed cases so far.
The Liberal government supports four states closing their borders to all but essential services such as freight and vital jobs. Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory have closed their borders and Queensland will be closed off on Thursday. Notably three are Labor states.
Air and train services are almost non-existent and interstate travel will be prevented by closed borders. The PM has mooted this new way of life could be in force for at least six months.
These dramatic policies come on the heels of an escalating death rate across the world allegedly caused by the Covin-19 virus which investigations show was developed in the UK, sent to Canada for invigorating as a bio-weapon then stolen by two Chinese scientists working at the Canadian lab and taken to Wuhan in China.
Wuhan is one of China’s first smart cities smothered exclusively by the 5G network.
The government has developed a ‘social distancing’ regime of 1.5 metres to prevent close contact between persons in public and private. How couples can perform in conjugal activities and adhere to social distancing have not yet been included in the massive crackdown.
Persons hoarding essential items such as food, baby milk or even scarce toilet paper then on-selling overseas will be prosecuted, the PM said.
The government expects nearly 1 million sacked workers, small business operators and others displaced by Covin-19 to apply for assistance from Centrelink.
Today Cairnsnews was told that Centrelink has advised emergency assistance applicants not to expect any financial assistance for at least three weeks. A young girl who was laid off from a private administrative position on Monday said she had $200 in the bank and could not survive for three weeks without financial help.
Queues at main Centrelink offices were up to 500 metres long today, some waiting for 6 or seven hours without managing to get an interview. The numbers became so large that police had to intervene at some locations.
Chief Medical Officer Dr Brendan Murphy speaking alongside the PM said it was imperative people observed social distancing to prevent the virus from spreading any further.
“We are going to have to change the way we interact as human beings for some time,” Dr Murphy stated.
“These measures are draconian.
“In life threatening circumstances we might have to take even stricter measures.”