Extend the Banking Royal Commission Event Aug 14
Senator Fraser Anning, Katters Australian Party is pushing to have the Bank Inquiry extended to give farmers dispossessed by avaricious banks a fair go
Its just Two weeks until 14th August – “Extend The Banking Royal Commission Event” by Senator Fraser Anning
Parliament House Canberra 9.30 am start.
(Please forward this to your friends, supporters and other bank victims / survivors)
Hi Readers, The news is that
- Several speakers at the event have been giving their stories to the Media. You might read them this coming week. (Tristan Chapman, David Gilham are in the SMH, Tanya Hargraves on ABC TV (see her summarised story below)
- Michael Sanderson 0421176997 firstname.lastname@example.org and Craig Caulfield email@example.com can assist you finding rooms to share with others to make accommodation cheaper ($50 / night) if you contact them soon.
- Many people from WA & Qld are making the trip.
- If you cannot attend the event but want to, please email me asap so we can list the apologies on the screen prior to it starting.
- There are at least three people who want to get to Canberra but are strapped for the funds.
- If anyone can assist someone with making the trip to Canberra, please notify me 0435423636 so I can put you in touch with them.
1) How to assist the event and make it a success
- This event may be the last really good chance to influence the Royal commission to do it`s job properly
- As well as encouraging as many Victims/ survivors to attend, please encourage family & friends to attend in support
- The room can hold 300 plus standing room around the edge of the room.
- As well as attending the event, Please start making appointments to meet your local member and your state senators in Canberra on 13th, 14th or 15th Aug to inform them you want the royal commission extended. Their office numbers are on the web.
- Ask/arm twist etc your Local member / senators to hear the event from 9.30 am to 11 am on Tuesday 14th Aug in Parliament house in the main committee room
- Put messages on face book, twitter, web sites, talk to media to attend the event. The schedule for the “Extend the Banking Royal Commission Event” is • Tues Aug 14th 8.30 am – 9.15 am suggesting those attending should arrive at Parliament House and go to Main Committee room on level 1• 9.30 am Senator Fraser Anning welcomes guests etc• 10:35 – 11:05 am Media asks the speakers and Fraser questions about why the royal commission should be extended• Suggest all visitors go to lunch 11:30 am – 12.30 pm
- • 11: 20 am room begins emptying
- • 9:35 – 10.35 am interviews conducted to a sharp timetable ( each speakers story will be edited down to a number of dot points to go on the screen so audience can read that while each speaker is interviewed)
- (Speakers will need to assemble inside the main Marble entrance at 9 am and be escorted to the Committee room – so they don’t get lost)
- • Mon Aug 13th 6 pm at Forrest hotel (30 National Circuit) rehearsal for the Event the next day (speakers need to attend this)
Other events that visitors could attend in the Senate in the afternoon might include
- 2.30 pm? – Reintroduction of the motion to Extend the Royal Commission by Senator Fraser Anning in Senate
- 5 pm – Senator Anning`s Maiden Speech?
- After Speech party at 6 pm (free drinks and food)
- Paul Herman wants to get a team to visit several Ministers and Senators
He is looking for people affected by
- Predatory Lending,
- Loan Application Fraud,
- who have been unable to meet mortgage payments,
- who have lost their home,
- or been bankrupted or liquidated.
He wants to coordinate meetings and have a number of people with him
To join him, contact Paul Herman 0408 332 057
We (organisers) believe the success of the event will rely on a combined effort – Here are some ways others will evaluate the effort
All the Best
Advisor to Senator Fraser Anning