Blog Archives

EHP reply to allegations of mismanagement of Springvale Station

The Queenland Environment and Heritage Protection Department has replied to a letter of complaint from Mr Keith Courte. He has kindly sent a copy of this reply to his scathing accusations of mismanagement by the Environment and Heritage Protection Department.(see story July 28 cairnsnews)

Notably the EHP writer has ignored the more serious allegations and naturally denies most of it.

In particular the writer denies no aerial incendiary burns have been carried out by EHP staff. Mr Courte said neighbours had been burnt out without notification by officers.

He said one neighbour had written to the EHP complaining about fires along the boundary which burnt out a part of this adjoining freehold property.

The neighbour had been notified about proposed burning off by EHP along a small section  but the officers apparently burnt along the entire somewhat inaccessible boundary without notification.

And on it goes. This is a typical example of bureaucracy gone mad and is but a minor example of  the Labor government’s mismanagement plans for the entire national park estate on the Peninsula.

If the Cape York Land Council gets its way this Labor/Green government will get the big shove by Peninsula inhabitants at the upcoming election.

Before reading the following document, please re-charge your can of bullshit repellent.

 

 

%d bloggers like this: