Rules for people of NSW who are not fully vaccinated
Last updated: 13 October 2021
Masks, COVID-19 Safe Check-in, and vaccination evidence
All people over the age of 12 must wear a face mask:
- in indoor areas (e.g. while shopping, when at a library)
- in indoor areas of common property of apartment buildings
- at a public transport waiting area
- while on public transport
- if you are working at a hospitality venue and dealing directly with members of the public
- on an aircraft when the aircraft is flying above NSW and in the airport.
Exemptions are available. Learn more about face mask rules.
Occupiers of premises are required to continue to take reasonable steps to ensure people can check-in or provide their contact details to when they enter your premises.
If you are entering a premises where check-in is required, you must:
- check in with the Service.NSW app
- provide your details to the occupier of the premises.
Learn more about COVID-19 Safe Check-in.
Vaccination evidence includes:
- an online immunisation history statement
- a COVID-19 digital certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register
- a medical exemption, which includes either:
- a medical contraindication certificate or
- a medical clearance form.
The NSW government is working to ensure you can access your vaccination evidence in the Service NSW app.
A person who is required to be fully vaccinated to enter premises must:
- Carry their vaccination evidence
- Produce the evidence if requested to do so by a police officer or authorised officer.
If you are required to be fully vaccinated to enter a premises, you may be asked to produce your vaccination evidence by the occupier. We encourage you to comply with an occupier’s request.
You do not have to produce your vaccination evidence to the occupier, however, the occupier may refuse entry to you if you do not produce your vaccination evidence.
People who provide an emergency service are able to enter premises if they are not fully vaccinated and are at the premises to provide an emergency service.
Visiting family and friends – – –
Read the full rules – – https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/rules-for-people-who-are-not-fully-vaccinated